Zucchini Soup Recipe
We were really satisfied with this soup! Have had similar soups,
But this one had the addition of paprika, tomatoes & a few other ingredients, All making this very special!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 lb young zucchini (a little more is fine, i used about 1.1 lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced roasted garlic (or about 6 cloves, but less if you don't want the garlic flavour so strong)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 7-8 ounces fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Put paprika in a small pan on the stove on medium heat to toast for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, slice zucchini.
- Toss sliced zucchini with 1 tablespoons olive oil and the toasted paprika.
- Spread on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Put zucchini in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of olive oil in a soup pot on the stove.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring continuously, for about 30 seconds.
- Turn heat to between low and medium (3 out of 10 on my stove).
- Add zucchini then heavy cream, mix.
- Once thoroughly heated, add cheese. Stir, continue heating until melted.
- Add onion powder and fire roasted tomatoes (chopped up to whatever size you'd like). Stir and cook until all heated through.
- Add broth to thin soup to desired consistency, stir, cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese and bacon crumbles.
Zucchini Chicken Soup
A very filling soup, Great For Dinners, Use Extra Herbs!!
- 1 chicken carcass
- 4 cups water
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 small carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups pasta shells
- 2 zucchini
- 1 cooked chicken breast
Rosemary Zucchini Soup
- Take the chicken breast off the roast chicken and put the chicken bones, wings and any other bits in a large microwave dish with the water and thyme.
- Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes. While that is cooking, start on the prep of the veg.
- Finely chop the onion and fry in the oil. Add a little salt to help season the veg as they are cooking.
- Cut the celery into strips lengthways and then chop into small cubes. Add to the onion.
- Peel and cube the carrot to about the same size as the celery. Add to the pot.
- Add crushed garlic.
- By this time the stock should be finished - unless you are particularly fast at veg prep!
- Strain the stock over the vegetables.
- Add the pasta shells or whatever pasta you happen to have.
- Slice the chicken breast and pick off any good bits of chicken from the drained bones. Add to the pot.
- Simmer for as long as it takes to cook the pasta
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add more water if necessary. I needed to add a little more water after about 10 minutes.
- Slice the zucchini lengthways. Cut into triangular pieces.
- Add the zucchini in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Canadian soup will have you hoping for a bumper zucchini crop in the vegetable garden. Its creamy texture comes from the rice, not the cream. To make it smoother, strain the soup through a fine sieve after pur?eing.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 1/2 cups sodium-free chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
Chilled Minted Zucchini Soup
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Fry celery, onion, garlic, fennel seeds, salt and pepper, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in zucchini and rosemary; cook for 6 minutes.
- Add stock, 2 cups water and rice. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring often, for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in rice vinegar; let cool slightly.
- In batches in blender or food processor, pur?e soup until smooth.
- Make-ahead : Let cool for 30 minutes; refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Reheat in clean saucepan.
Great For Summer Time!!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs zucchini, sliced thin
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt, whisked until smooth
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, washed well,spun dry,and chopped fine
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium-low heat until hot but not smoking and saut? one third of the zucchini, stirring occasionally, until golden
- Add remaining zucchini and water and simmer until zucchini is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cool mixture slightly and in a blender puree in batches until smooth, transferring to a bowl.
- Stir in yoghurt, mint,salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill soup, covered, at least until cold, about 6 hours, and up to 1 day (after that, it will lose its fresh taste).
- Before serving, season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
French Zucchini Soup
One Of My Friends Who Lives In France Sent Me This Recipe Saying That You Can Find This Soup Recipe In Every French House.
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 small zucchini (sliced)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 pinch cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 Laughing Cow cheese
- Place everything except the cheese into a pot, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cheese and puree.
Country Style Zucchini Soup
Easy To Make And Very Tasty.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 large tomato
- 1 lb zucchini
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut celery into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Core, blanch, peel and cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Cut marrow into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and brown garlic. Discard garlic. Add potatoes, stir to coat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, parsley, and oregano, and cook until onions are softened.
- Add stock, tomatoes, marrow, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender.
- Pour soup into individual bowls and sprinkle freshly ground pepper and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese over each serving.
- Serve hot. Makes 6 servings.
Hot And Sour Iraqi Soup
This is a light With All Iraqi Flavours A great way to use up leftover grains and legumes!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped or 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan.
- Add garlic and cook over low heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, pepper flakes, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and broth; cook over low heat about 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add lemon juice and sugar.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature, drizzled with one tablespoon of olive oil.